Local News

Fire Destroys Six Apartments in Omak


Jan 08, 2015

IMG_0511.JPG

photo by Jill Gardinier

A fire occurred at Pioneer Garden Apartments in Omak overnight damaging six apartments.

At 12:06 AM on Thursday, Omak and Okanogan Fire Departments responded to a fire at Pioneer Garden Apartments 114 N Juniper in Omak.  Residents of the apartment effected by the fire and those homes near it were evacuated.  It took firefighters a little more than 2 hours to extinguish the six unit complex.

Two residents sustained injuries caused by the fire.  One victim received burns and was taken to Mid-Valley Hospital.  The second was taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation and released.

Red Cross was called to assist, but most of the residents found support from local friends and family. 

The six unit apartment complex will need to be re-built, so those effected may need further assistance from either Red Cross or family and friends while the reconstruction is being completed. 

 IMG_0508.JPG

Photo by Jill Gardinier

Top of page
-------------------
© 2018 Okanogan Country Radio. All rights reserved.